CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY SECTOR
Abdullah Saad Mohammed Abo Moati for Bookstores Co.
EXPANDING STATIONERY BUSINESS
The company merged with Muhammed Rashed Alduwish Company (a longstanding name in the stationery business) and became a closed joint stock company in 2008. In 2012, it acquired Almauja Trading Est, which specialized in distributing HP and Cannon office supplies. 5 years later, Abo Moati listed on the Saudi Exchange, reflecting its growing strength and ambition.
Led by CEO Mohamaad Abdullah AboMoati and Chief Financial Officer Kamel Mohamaad Abu Rajab, the company’s listing is a key part of its strategy to finance expansion, enhance its name in the marketplace, and increase marketing and sales. It is also diversifying its investments to reduce risk, focusing on retail and franchising, and targeting new markets including all major regions of Saudi Arabia.
A key part of the company’s strategy is developing its enterprise resource planning system, which helps ensure a high level of control by linking departments, subsidiaries, and branches. This system also provides high-quality information to aid decision-making. It is part of ongoing improvements to internal systems that promise to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Abo Moati aims to make its products the preferred choice for consumers by leading the targeted markets and offering premium quality products.
Providing high value and high quality school stationery, office supplies, ink, and accessories that meet its consumers’ needs.
The company aims to maintain its annual revenue growth driven by its core investments, enabled by a set of long-term strategic goals, which are:
- Finance the company’s expansions, enhance the company’s name in the market, and increase marketing and selling.
- Diversify investments to reduce risks.
- Focus on retailing and franchising.
- Expand into new markets and cover all major regions of KSA by opening new branches.
- Upgrade and develop the ERP system that links various departments, subsidiaries, and branches to secure a higher level of control, increase efficiency and effectiveness, and provide information that guides the decision-making process.
- Continuously improve and develop internal systems to better control the company’s operations.
Abo Moati’s brands include Prime, Donia, and iLahui